Delivering Healthcare To Care Homes
"We put the needs of the patient and care home management at the centre of all we do. Professionalism, dignity, respect and compassion shape our philosophy and ensure consistently high standards, trust and reliability.”
- Established in 2006
- Member of the National Pharmaceutical Association
- Dispenses NHS and private prescriptions
- Located in Shipton-on-Stour, Warwickshire
- All medicines dispensed by a skilled team of qualified pharmacists
- On hand to answer any questions relating to prescriptions
- Prompt and secure delivery using a trusted network of drivers and courier services
Pharmacy To My Door Group has supported nursing and residential homes for 10 years.
We believe that this ongoing success is due to keeping up to date on the latest training methods and management strategies.
Putting innovation and evolution at the forefront of all we do, our management team is always looking for new ways to help our care home partners. We use a multidisciplinary approach that brings together GPs, care home management, carers and, of course, the patients.
We ensure all our team receive regular training. We also carry out regular audits and inspections that follow CQC formats. This gives peace of mind to everyone involved in—and receiving—care within a care home environment. It also ensures care homes maintain the best possible standards, continue to achieve a three-star status and that all staff—from RGNs to HCAs—understand their role.
Sector History And Key Landmark Events
- Commission for Social Care, Healthcare Commission and the Mental Health Commission was abolished in 2009.
- Patients and carers empowered to make informed choices regarding their preferred care setting.
- Formation of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to regulate standards and monitoring of NHS and Private Care.
- Pharmacy To My Door aligns strategies and services to support care homes.
- New guidelines mean many care homes fail on criteria set out in the 2009 Health & Social Care Bill.
Changing Services Within Care Homes
Governmental and public scrutiny has highlighted concerns over how the most vulnerable are cared for in our country. While most care settings meet the required standards, some of them sadly do not. Today, all CQC reports are published in the public domain. This allows patients, families and carers to asses every care home. As a result all of us have more power, insight and control when making decisions about care for ourselves or our loved ones. Pharmacy To My Door helps care homes achieve and maintain CQC standards and so that they are the first choice for clients and their families, and that they continue to attract the very best, most qualified staff.
Our Pharmaceutical Services—We can:
- Collect prescriptions from surgeries and care homes.
- Dispense prescriptions until 18:00 and still provide same-day delivery.
- Implement any mid-cycle changes or medicines (for example, antibiotics on doctors rounds) on the same day, with MAR charts.
- Free up care home staff by auditing monthly repeat prescriptions and implement any required changes.
- Accept emergency care home or surgery prescriptions by fax.
- Provide a dedicated pharmacist as a single point of contact for your care home
- Liaise with surgeries and hospitals on behalf of your care home.
Pharmacy To My Door can offer a unique and comprehensive service
The process of dispensing medicines to a care home is pretty much universal. But we differentiate ourselves by the care and attention we pay to every detail. Large pharmacy chains often service care homes with a one-size-fits-all solution. But we know that each care home has unique requirements and needs a specialist service. And, while smaller independent pharmacy companies undoubtedly offer a more tailored approach, they are not always in the position to provide critical CQC audit support.
Pharmacy To My Door has grown by identifying this gap in the market and, today, is a leader and innovator in its field. We offer the flexibility of a small provider combined with the support and training capabilities of a larger chain.
So what’s new?
- When we take on a new care home client, we assess them using CQC guidelines to determine strengths and weaknesses and offer advice and training where appropriate.
- After that, we carry out two audits per year. These follow a structured framework to ensure your care home conforms to outcome 9 (regulation 13) Management of Medicines.
- We provide twice-yearly bespoke training for all our care home clients. Training is based on the results of our audits and addresses any areas in which improvement is needed.
- We will coordinate with you and arrange a pre-visit before an official CQC audit.
- Our training is carried out by accredited care home pharmacists and designed for
RGNs and HCAs who would like to be RGNs.
- All attendees that complete their course will receive a certificate, and their achievement will be logged as part of your care home's CPD record.
- Where necessary, we will work with you to devise new systems that ensure your care home is fully compliant with CQC standards.
The care home service we offer has evolved over the last 14 years...
Once onboard, you'll quickly discover that our processes and services are second to none. We knew early on in our development that we needed to provide bespoke medicine management if we were to stand out in our sector. We believe the best way to do this is to work closely with all care home stakeholders and maintaining excellent relationships with the CQC.
To that end, our team of in-house accredited of pharmacists deliver audits and training packages that comply with CQC compliance criteria. We will work with your management team to maintain compliance even in the face of continually evolving CQC and care home requirements and help you make sense of the critical, but in-depth regulations.
We tailor our training courses, so they target continuing the educational development that’s most relevant to your business:
Popular Training Topics
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Care for the elderly
- Controlled Drugs
- CQC and their requirements
- Dressings and Wound care
- MDS Systems
- Nutritional Supplements and Foods
- Palliative Care
- Parkinson's Disease
- Respiratory Care
- Safe Handling and Control of Medicines
- Stoma and Ostomy care
- Topical Formulations
We are continually adding new courses. So if you or your team have specific requirements, we will gladly work with you to develop an education package to suit your needs.
Questions for your current provider: Are they…
- Aware of CQC outcomes and requirements?
- Happy to accompany the GP on ward rounds?
- Up to speed on the changing regulatory environment that governs medication in care homes?
Questions for your current provider: Do they…
- Deliver medicines the same day? If so, what time is their cut off?
- Conduct audits?
- Liaise with GPs to highlight issues at you the care home?
- Provide accredited training sessions?
- Offer you a direct point of contact?
- Accompany you during a CQC visit if asked?
Would you like to know more?
If our services sound like a good fit for you, why not contact one of our clinical care home advisors for a free, no-obligation talk. They’re qualified pharmacists and will be delighted to answer any questions you have about our services over the phone or to meet with you face-to-face.
Pharmacy To My Door
Unit 10 Shipston Business Village, Tilemans Lane
Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire, CV36 4FF
Tel : 01608 666 017