Dosette boxes offer a visual reminder to patients of what medicines they have left to take.
Our Dosette Box Service
Appreciated by families and carers, our dosette box services helps individuals keep better track of their required medications. Dosette boxes can help form a crucial part of an individual’s health maintenance routine and successfully prevent doses from being forgotten or taken incorrectly. In particular, those who might be at risk of injury due to prescription medicine mismanagement would benefit from our Dosette Box Services. Dosette boxes through Pharmacy To My Door:
- Can be delivered weekly, supporting routine and allowing for any mid-cycle changes
- Support professional carers in your home
- Give family reassurance that their loved one is taking their medication correctly
- We can collect, make changes to and redeliver on the same day if a hospital or GP has made any changes to prescribed medications
What Are the Benefits of a Dosette Box?
As you get older, you might find regular medication becoming a part of your everyday routine. With a dosette box to sort and store your medication, maintaining your health can remain a simple task, free from hassle. Dosette boxes offer a visual reminder to patients of what medicines they have left to take, lessening the risk of forgetting a dose or accidentally and dangerously doubling up. All compartments are safely sealed and clearly labelled.
Our dosette box collection service allows us to dispose of any unused medication responsibly while also monitoring each patient’s prescription intake. In this way, we are able to communicate any inconsistencies directly to the GP overseeing care, ensuring each patient is adhering to the medicine regimes prescribed by their doctors.
Dosette Box Design
The functionality of a dosette box is even incorporated into the actual design with helpful elements printed right on the box. These include:
- Name, address and even a photo (if required) of the individual – provides reassurance and complete personalization of the pack.
- Photos of each tablet with corresponding label – enables identification of each item and helps if changes to medication need to be made quickly.
- Description and dosage information – helps both patients and carers better recognise and understand the prescribed medication.
- Barcode tracking and digital data encoding incorporated into each dosette box – allows for auditing throughout the entire packing process.
Dosette Boxes are clearly labelled indicating the name of each prescription accounted for and include useful instructions as well as any relevant precautions pertaining to the medicines contained therein for further safety.
How Can You Acquire a Dosette Box?
A dosette box is normally recommended following discussion with your GP. Dosette Boxes are provided as a routine part of our service to partnering Residential Nursing and Care Homes.
Dosette boxes are provided by Pharmacy To My Door as an additional service to support our patients who need it which is both free of charge to the NHS and to the patient. As with all NHS prescription medication, we deliver them to your home or nominated address free of charge.
Please speak with your GP if you are interested or get in touch with us to learn more about your options. For more information, please fill our enquiry form and receive a call back from a member of our team or call us today on 01608 666017.