Hay Fever – 6 Tips for Sufferers
It’s easy to forget about hay fever in the winter months but it won’t be long before the green shoots of spring appear and the miserable symptoms of hay fever along with them. There is no cure for hay fever but there are over the counter and prescription remedies which can help manage the worst of the symptoms. PTMD offers private doctor services in Warwick and also private doctor services in Bromsgrove and Birmingham. Make 2021 the year that hay fever doesn’t spoil and consult one of our doctors for the latest hay fever advice and medication ready for the spring.
What are the symptoms of hay fever?
Symptoms of hay fever include:
· A runny or a blocked nose
· Sneezing and coughing
· Itchy or watery eyes
· Irritated throat and nose
· Loss of smell
Those who suffer from asthma and hay fever will have added challenges and complications.
Hay Fever Treatment
There is no cure for hay fever but here are some hay fever tips to help you manage this seasonal condition:
- Put Vaseline around your nostrils to trap pollen
- Wear wraparound sunglasses to prevent pollen from going into your eyes
- Change your clothes when you go indoors
- Keep windows and doors closed as much as possible
- Keep dust to a minimum, vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
- Install pollen filters in your car
- Speak to a doctor about seasonal medication which can help manage the worst of the symptoms
PTMD offers an online private doctor consultation service if you want to discuss hay fever treatment, with a range of appointment times designed to fit in with a busy life. Consultations with private medical doctors can be online or in person and pharmacy medicines can be prescribed at the time with fast delivery to your door, if required.
Private doctor services can make it much easier to see a GP when you need to. PTMD offers private doctor services in Warwick, private doctor services in Birmingham and in Bromsgrove. Visit our website to learn more and find out how to book an appointment. https://www.pharmacytomydoor.co.uk/