Tips for leading a better & healthy lifestyle
The arrival of Covid-19 has made many people reconsider their lifestyle and diet. One of the biggest features during lockdown and post lockdown has been the amount of exercise people have started to do, especially cycling and running. Leading a healthier and better lifestyle will not only help protect you against illnesses like Covid-19 ensuring you are fighting fit to resist the disease but also other viruses and serious conditions like High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes and Cancer. Kickstart your healthier lifestyle today and begin with a private doctor consultation where you can have the time and space to discuss your health concerns in an appointment made to go at your pace. PTMD offers a selection of doctors in Redditch who are available to see patients privately on a day and time to suit you.
It’s easy to implement a healthy lifestyle. To help, here are some tips for a healthy lifestyle and steps you can take to quickly and easily get fit, lose weight and shape up ahead of winter. Always check with your doctor first before you make any changes:
- Quit smoking. This is one of the best ways to get healthy and stay healthy.
- Review your diet. Start by ditching junk food and high-calorie takeaways, stop eating refined sugar products.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in whole grains and lean protein and ensure you always have your five a day fruit and vegetables
- Start exercising or begin doing more. The UK government’s health advisors recommend 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity activity for all adults aged between 19 and 64.
- Walk or cycle where you can rather than taking public transport or driving – better for you, better for the environment.
- Minimise the amount of time spent sitting even if you are exercising sufficiently at other times. If you have an office job, try to work standing up or using a rising desk and break up periods of sitting with other activities.
- Make sure you get enough Vitamin D and calcium. Take a general spectrum Vitamin and Mineral supplement appropriate for your age
- Make sure to maintain a healthy weight and body shape.
- Don’t forget to look after your mental health, this means managing low mood, depression and anxiety and also remembering to challenge your mind
For more information on PTMD’s private doctor consultation service and how to arrange an appointment with one of our doctors in Redditch, go to our website to find out more and you can also book online https://www.pharmacytomydoor.co.uk/