How to See a GP During Lockdown?
You may find it difficult to see your GP during lockdown periods because the surgery is closed or restricted. It may also be more difficult to get an appointment because there are lots of sick people particularly as we head into the winter. It is possible to see a GP privately and PTMD offers private GP services in Redditch not just to individuals but also to care home services in Birmingham. Find quick appointments at a day and time to suit you with early and late times available to fit around your work and family commitments.
It can also be stressful if you are looking after an elderly person and are worried about being able to access GP services when you need them. One of the concerns for the elderly is fall protection. Covid has created worries and concerns that there isn’t the GP support or input available from social services for elderly people because of the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Elderly people are at an increased risk of falling and this can have serious health implications. No-one wants a hospital visit during the pandemic particularly if it could have been prevented in the first place. Fortunately, there are lots of things you can do to prevent falls in the home. This is a fall prevention in the elderly checklist which contains guidance used in care homes and by doctors and nurses for fall prevention in hospitals. Many of these suggestions are easily implemented:
- Always mop spillages up immediately
- Walk around the home and remove hazards like ripped or fraying carpet, wires, cables and any clutter which could get in the way
- Try and use non-slip mats and rugs
- Always put the light on and ensure there is adequate lighting
- Have everything you need close to hand particularly in the kitchen so you don’t have to reach up, climb up or bend down
- Always wear shoes to walk in not socks or tights and make sure they are well-fitting with good grip on the soles
For swift and professional private GP services in Redditch whether you are looking for an appointment for yourself, for a family member or even if you operate care home services in Birmingham, contact PTMD to arrange an appointment with one of our doctors. Our website explains more about this service. https://www.pharmacytomydoor.co.uk/